Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Risk It & Be Renewed






I think today is a good day for us to talk about RISKS

I have learned the vital approach of independence in taking risks. I take a simple example which I have learned from, which is Noah. Noah took risks at intervals through his journey, Noah did things that people wouldn't do, he didn't listen to the critics when they 
were telling him not to build the boat. He didn't listen to people who were wondering how he would be on an ark with all those animals, animals probably considered to be wild and dangerous. There could have been some scorpions, some pythons, cobras, 
some elephants, lions it must have been a whole lot of different animals that he had on that ark; and he had to take those risks because he had been given an instruction. 


Sometimes in life it may not necessarily be an instruction but maybe a dream, vision or a plan you have in life for a day or for a week or session. Don't let the critics or people who don't believe in that dream, or don't know about that dream affect the way that YOU 
perceive it, the way that YOU want to plan those things out. Many a time, there are people who don't want to believe in our 
dreams because it's beyond the scope of what they could dream for themselves so to them IT IS a threat. It may even be people who don't understand our drive and why we strive for things.. but you know WHAT?! it's not really your job to always have to educate them. Sometimes that takes a lot of energy, energy you should not have to waste, so you just have to give it what you got and 
all that you can give is what you have. I think taking a risk is being able to bounce back from so many challenges and times when people said things were impossible to stand back and just be able to say "You know what there's no harm in trying", if you 
don't try then you'll probably never know that you can be amazing at that thing or change the perception about it.


I want to encourage you all today, don't let anybody use where you used to be to determine where you're going or where you 
can be. Don't let people define your current situation by things you've been through or things that you have done that were not 
so sensible or whatever. Take that risk today, sometimes it is best for you to break out of a norm, sometimes an athlete finds himself 
in a difficult position where he feels 'I run this race this way but it's not going the way I intended'. You just have to take the risk to 
run the race differently, you have to think of all the techniques you've learned and select a different one & that might be the 
one that allows you to see that greater thing at the end - where you're going in essence.

For most of us we're holding back too much and feel like, let me just have my voice in my little community.. nope I won't stress myself and go into a bigger community because they might not accept me, they might not listen, they won't comfort me like 
my little community. That's so wrong, that's us human beings not wanting to take the risk. I as Pebble$ have to challenge 
myself to do this, if I'm not already becoming confident in doing things differently. Something that confirmed that for me 
was listening to Jade of LipsticknCurls. She was talking about how she always doesn't do things the way that people do it, 
she doesn't do all these tags and other videos you might see others do. 

Also listening to some young folks recently, with them discussing about failure I was really touched because I've had some failures 
in my life and I would not be here today if I didn't decide to bounce back from them. I've had times when I failed myself, at the 
age of 6 when I told myself I couldn't get a college degree but I'm on my way to achieving some of the greatest qualifications in 
my life. Then to think that I have the audacity to dream in the midst of all I've been through is amazing. Those times have been
filled with some of the most daunting risks that I have had to take but guess who didn't allow anybody's thoughts stop those 
steps from being taken, ME.

Always let the ME which is YOU, as an individual take the boldest steps.

Be confident to take those risks. Failure might have bitten your behind once, but don't let it hit you like it released venom and paralyzed you. Failure might have succeeded in knocking you down but it will not succeed in knocking you out, dust yourself off! 
Don't let the world measure you by how many times you got knocked down but rather by the times you stood up and said 'I will 
try again!' You may not necessarily try that thing again but something that's going to help you to move forward in trying again.



This Is What I Need You To Do. 

1. Be willing to take some risks
2. Break out of the norm
3. Don't do things on common ground
4. If it's suffocating you or stopping you from being where you're supposed to be, risk it and leave that thing!



I want to publish a book, it will be a collective of my work from the start of my journey at 8 years old til Summer 2015. Hold me to it !

      Copyright © 2016 PebblesWroteIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Love !